Footprints in the Snow




As I was walking in a snow, I couldn't help myself but be awed by its beauty. It was so white, so soft and so nice to look at. All around me was white. Even though it was evening, the place was bright enough for me to see things clearly for the snow reflects the little light from the street lamps. I was in a winter wonder land!


I love to watch the snow every winter. I appreciate its beauty and enjoy the snow flakes as they drop slowly to my hands. As I continue to walk towards the park, I noticed a set of footprints in the snow and the song "footprints in the sand" came to my mind. If the footprint in the sand has a message for us to see, is there anything these footprints in the snow can give us? Maybe.


It dawned on me that our hearts are like the beautiful snow in a way. If unused or undisturbed, they are white, clean, gentle, soft and beautiful to see. They reflect the light of goodness for all to see. Everyone adores it, appreciate it and love it. 


In our kindness and goodness, we allow some special people to pass by it and it leave us footprints. Those footprints breaks the beauty we used to have. Our beauty is no longer perfect. We can see and remember those prints very well. 



As we continue to let more people pass by us, more footprints are marked in our hearts. After a while, the once white, beautiful and awesome snow-path turns dirty, ugly and gruesome sight that no one wants to deal with. No one appreciates, no one desires. People will continue to step on it without a care. It becomes an eye sore. Others even try to evade it for they don't want to get dirty with it. 


How we wish that people will just stop stepping on us and just give us a chance to recover. We sometimes feel helpless and hopeless as our situation gets worse. But there is nothing permanent in this world. People will stop after some time.  What a relief. 



As we rest, a help from above arrives. Finally, our prayers have been answered. Snowflakes fall into our path overnight and they cover the bad memories of footprints that once destroyed us. In the morning, we are as beautiful as we used to be; white, clean and perfect. We can once again reflect the light for everyone to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence is Not an Act

A Love Story

Sunset Story